Monday, November 28, 2011

What Are You Thankful For?


Thanksgiving. The time of year people really acknowledge all that they are thankful for. Also, a time for family, friends, and eating….a lot of eating. This year, I thought a lot, too. There really are so many things that I am grateful for.

I’m grateful for my family, who, no matter how dramatic they can be are always the people I know I can endlessly count on. I’m grateful for my friends, the ones I see all the time and the ones who aren’t around as often as I’d like them to be. I’m thankful for my boyfriend, who has never ceased to make me laugh. I’m thankful for my job, which is really not a job at all. I’m thankful for my education and all of the doors it will eventually open up for me.

Most of all, I’m thankful for this day. Thankful that I get to take a step back from the busyness of my day-to-day routine and think about all this, pray for all this. I’m thankful for this day that I get to spend with my entire family, that I get to laugh till it hurts, that I get to dress up for an hour and then sneak back into my room and put my slippers on, that I don’t have to count calories, and that I can go to bed at 9 p.m. and have that be acceptable because of the tryptophan.  

Come to think of it, it’d be really nice if we could have a sort of “thanksgiving” every day…minus the overeating, picture-taking, and high heel wearing. It would be nice to consider everything that we are thankful for more often than one day every November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment